Joining Our Practice
We welcome new patients to Mt Eden Medical Centre and enjoy getting to know you and your family.
We recommend you enrol with us for continuity of care and for subsidised consultations. We can arrange transfer of your medical notes from your previous GP.
We are also happy to see new patients who may not be eligible for enrolment, or do not wish to make us their regular doctor at this time.
For all new patients, your first visit will involve extra time with a nurse first, and then your doctor, taking about 30 minutes.
HOW TO ENROL
- To enrol at our practice to receive subsidised consultations, you must provide us with proof of your eligibility.
Please see Ministry of Health website for further information.
- You can fill out our enrolment forms when you come in, or download the forms here:
VALID FORM OF ID FOR ENROLMENT
If you are a NZ citizen 18 years or older, please bring us:
- your New Zealand passport OR
- your New Zealand Birth Certificate (or Cook Island, Niue or Tokelau birth certificate) AND two forms of proof that you are the person on the birth certificate OR
- your New Zealand Certificate of Citizenship AND two forms of supporting identity documentation – one needs to have a photograph of you OR
- your Descent Registration Certificate AND two forms of supporting identity documentation – one needs to have a photograph of you OR
- evidence you are currently getting a social security benefit (except emergency benefit) ANDtwo forms of supporting identity documentation – one needs to have a photograph of you.
These proof of eligibility documents are not required for children who are NZ citizens.
Examples of identity documents include:
- a driver licence
- an 18+ card
- an employment contract, a rental agreement, or
- letters addressed to you at your current address.